Sunday, August 30, 2009

Snowboarding in the Andes Mountains!















For my friend Kate's birthday she wanted to go skiing in the Andes Mountains (because, first, it's pretty cool to say you've been skiing in the Andes, and second, it's pretty cool to be able to say you went skiing in late August!) We all woke up at 6:30 and took the bus to Portillo, Chile, which is about 2 hours from Santiago near the border with Argentina. It was beautiful! The ski resort was surrounded by mountain peaks, and right in the middle was a frozen lake. The snow was perfect and we had a blast! After growing up skiing, I decided to try snowboarding for only the second time. My roommate Allegra is pretty much an expert, and spent all day coaching me down the slopes. I must say I did better than I expected, but I still have a long way to go! We all fell more than once, shared a few laughs and beers, and had a great day! I uploaded some pictures to Shutterfly, so send me your email and I can send them to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment