Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I have a place to live!

After about a month of looking at all the wrong apartments, we found the right one! I am living with a girl from my program, Allegra, and we have pretty much the same standards in terms of apartments. For example, we both agreed that living in an apartment directly above a Turkish bath for men was not a good idea. As Mom put it, it's a security issue, and as Dad put it, it's simply too humid around those baths and that would make our apartment uncomfortable. God forbid it be too humid in the apartment. So anyway, after walking laps around this city we have finally found our new home! Its location is perfect: a 5 minute walk to the metro station, right next to a farmers market but just blocks from the main avenue running through Santiago, and right at the base of Cerro San Cristóbal, a beautiful hike up to a giant statue of the Virgin Mary. We each have our own room (as Allegra told everyone, we're Americans, we don't really like to share things) and we share the apartment with two Chilean guys. Jaime is an engineer and a TA at a university, and Nico is a law student. There are two bathrooms, a living room, nice kitchen, cable, internet and a guard at the gate of the apartment complex 24 hours. But wait, here's the best part. There are two pools. Sweet, right? I'm pumped. We move in on Friday and I'm finally able to stop living out of a suitcase. It's really difficult to look professional when your clothes have been crammed into a suitcase for a month and your hostel has no iron. Allegra and I are really excited to move in and spruce the place up a bit. (You can imagine the decor with an engineer and a law student who are both guys living there...) I will post pictures as soon as I move in! Here is my address:

Jody Schisel
Monitor Araucano 0600
DA 34
Providencia, Santiago de Chile 7530139

1 comment:

  1. Super exciting Jody! Are your new roommates cuties? I mean, nice? ;)

    ReplyDelete